Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Project #5 Brochure

In this project, we have to create a brochure based on one of the topic in Respect for All. I chose Child Labor, because I didn't think it still exist. The tools I use in the project is Adobe InDesign and Word. First I had to draw a draft in a piece of paper to get the idea of my brochure. I was thinking of making it look modern so I drew some arches and curves .Inside the shape would be the images and the outside would be a blue color. There will also be different shades of it. Next I would start doing the draft but in InDesign. I was very difficult, because the shapes would overlap each other. When I printed it out, I realized that the part where you fold got messed up. Parts of the shape was printed, because I thought the margin wont get printed. Eventually I figured out a solution to the problem and now it looks normal.
Next I start getting the images. I was looking for very good ones, because the people that would hold my brochure needs to feel emotional so they can join the cause. So I found one image of a kid carrying a big bag of cocoa beans. I put that image as the cover image. Then I got other images of people standing up to stop the cause. I then put charts and a line graph in the 4th and 5th page of my brochure. Then I start typing the information that is required. I use the skills that I learned on typography to keep things balanced. I had to decrease I start to fix some small thing and then I told myself I was done. This project was to help me with my skills in InDesign. This can help me in the future as a Web Designer by helping me promote the company I am working for or my own company. It can help expand the business to become even greater.

1 comment:

  1. Child labor still does exist and attention needs to be brought to it. It is good you are making a brochure about it, hopefully it brings awareness about this issue. Where are you going to put these brochures? Good places are grocery stores (especially co-ops), coffee shops, and community centers. They more eyes you get on it, the better.

    Verna Hopkins @ Promosaurus Promotional Products

    ReplyDelete