Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Project #7 Newspaper Project

In this project, my group had to create a project that is based on what our articles that we wrote. For our theme, it was Trivia, because our articles did not have a specific topic like the other groups. So the definition of trivia is any facts that has little or no importance, so our articles must be anything that is not important to modern people. Our theme for the cover page was Jeopardy, because it is a game show on trivia facts. So the backgrounds is suppose to look like TVs. Our ads are simple ads that are based on fake shows or companies. Ricardo was our time manager, so he would tell us the time to get the stuff done and to move on. Also Job plans out the design of the cover page and the inside. I had to put all of the articles into the newspaper and create the "Yellow Paper". First, I got all of our articles that we created and put that into the file where we would put everything together. Next we start putting all of the design and ads. We had to think of putting the ands in a place where usually one would be.
After we placed all of the ads and articles, we started to make the fonts and deciding the gradient, so we decided to make it look bright and colorful. To me, it sort of looks like Opal. After that, we began to put the settings for the printer. The paper should be Tabloid and Landscape, or the picture would be cut off. also the paper should be short-edge binding. After that is all done, we print the yearbook and we were done. One thing that I learned is the package feature and its functionality. One thing that I wish I could fix is the spelling mistakes. as I went through the texts and the ads I saw a huge spelling error. I should of focus more on the writing and not on the editing. This would help me as a Web Designer by learning how to cooperate with my teammates when working on a project. This will also help me as a Web Designer by developing my skills in InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment