Monday, May 1, 2017

Newspaper Aritcle Project

In this project, we have to create a newspaper article on anything that we wanted for our upcoming newspaper project. My topic of my newspaper is science, because to me, science is the most interesting to write about. It makes me want to write a lot on it. So I went to a science news website and found an interesting article on the Homo Naledi. I decided that I would be talking about it. I learned many things about the Homo species and the past of the Earth while reading the article and I knew this was a good thing to write about. I started by creating a Word document on the project and writing all about it. There also needs to be images on the newspaper and must comply with the pinwheel structure. I made sure that the caption of the image include the person that took it and some information on it. I also included a byline, which is my name right below the title. After I get all of the information that I need, I start to construct it on a new InDesign file.
I first created text boxes to have an idea to where the title, byline, article and the captions would be. I start to put all of the images in place and the required components in. I then reread the article to myself to make sure that things make sense. I then got everything in place and export it into a PDF file. Now this article can be used for my future group on my newspaper project. This project has taught me many things during the process of it. One thing that I learned is the different types of components in a newspaper. Now I know where each section should be at and how a perfect article should look like. This skill can help me as a Web Designer in the future by creating articles online for readers to find. This would help me as a Web Designer and improve my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment