Thursday, April 27, 2017

Project #6 YearBook

In this project, we had to know what does a yearbook concept, then create one. In order to create the yearbook, we have to first get into groups. My group consists of Alex, Jeff and M.D.  We have different roles so that things can get faster and everyone have a purpose in the yearbook. I am the Chief Designer, so I plan out the design of the yearbook. I was thinking that the background to be cloudy looking, because based on other backgrounds that I've seen, they shouldn't be very colorful. I decided to make it the way it is, simplistic looking. Now, to actually plan it off, we have to create a planning page with spreads to show where each segment is going to be at. Then after we did get the segments, we got into work. I got some images of my labs and projects in order to fill in with the Labs and Project Section. Jeff was able to get everyone's photo in the class so we were able to finish it early.We also had some breaks in order to have an idea on improving our project.
A week before we had to submit it we all send our section of the yearbook so Alex can create it into one InDesign file. We also had to present the project in one minute, but that's in another blog. When we were ready to print the yearbook, there was an issue. It seems like the files in the yearbook was too big. As I realized, the pictures and the resolution was very high, which might of cause the file to be very huge. So in order to fix the situation we had to package the whole file. We were able to print the whole yearbook by the due date. This project has taught me some stuff. One example is teamwork. It help me communicate better on work. Also I have learn a few new skills to help me on designs. This will help me as a Web Designer, because I have the skills to create my own yearbook if I wanted to. Also as a future Web Designer, teamwork is really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment