Sunday, March 19, 2017

Lab #10

In this lab, we are suppose to learn how to print our yearbook project by creating a small book. The requirement for the book is 3 page spread, a cover and a back cover. Each spread must include your name and a shape. The shape and name are suppose to be in the middle of the spread. Before I did that, I had to number each page. I am not allowed to number the page manually, but must do it in A-Master. To do that you must click on A-Master in the right of the Layers tab. Then one spread would show up. Then you create 2 text boxes to where the number of the pages would be. I created 2 identical ones to make things look neater. After that you go use the type tool, then go to the Type tab, Special Characters, Markers and then Current Page Number. this will create an A on the left side of the text box. on the right text box, the alignment should be in the Right Alignment. After I did all of the steps, I adjust the font size of the numbers.

Once I did all of that I created the shapes and put them in the middle of the spread. once everything in the requirement is done, I began to adjust the settings for the printer. First it should be short edge binding, not long edge binding. Also it should be printing in landscape. At the end, it should be printing like a book. I also have to fold the paper perfectly or else the image wont fit good. This lab is suppose to help us learn about printing a booklet if we had to create one. This skill will definitely help me in the future by creating small booklet for the job I could be working for. These skills can be implemented in Web Design, because if you create a n online booklet, you would want to print a physical copy of one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment