Wednesday, March 22, 2017

LOFT STEM Symposium Trip


In this trip, I went to Lehman College to a Symposium that is all about the STEM Program. STEM means Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic. This was run by the U.S Army to teach us about leadership. In the beginning of the Symposium, we were put into tables, which were like groups, and we had to do activities. One example of an activity was that there was a scenario (there were 3). each table have at least one of the scenario and have to answer some of the questions that were based off on leadership. In my scenario, my group had to decide whether to cheat in a robotics fair or not. I would not cheat, because based on the scenario, I would feel guilty for the other teams that should of deserve the money for their charity.  So we all decided not to cheat on the robotics fair. Then later on there were clips that showed how leadership wasn't established. Right after that the food station open and went straight for the food!
Right after the food, I went to see the robots that were displayed in an area. I could see that others were trying out the robots and I wanted to try, but there wasn't enough time and got out of the line. Then there were guests speakers that were talking about their experience in High School and the programs that they did. They even talked about their difficulties and advices for us for the future. I have learned one or two things during the interview. right after that was basically the end of the trip. After the raffle we went back to ITHS. I did learned a few things during this trip. One thing that I have learned is to take the chance to go to a program that will help you before its too late. Another thing that I've learned is that being a leader would require full cooperation with your teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment